STUFF TO KNOW
This is the head-knowledge we should have for tonight's topic. These questions are based on Diocese of Rockford Confirmation guidelines, and you'll probably recognize them from the Confirmation Quizzes we do during some of our Confirmation sessions.
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- What is the pascal mystery?
- Why are you being Confirmed?
STUFF TO watch
Here's a video that takes a different angle on tonight's topic. Feel free to check it out, if you're interested.
STUFF TO TALK ABOUT
Our faith shouldn't just stay in our heads, but we should also let this knowledge sink into our hearts. After the Confirmation session is over, we encourage confirmandi and their parents and/or sponsor to discuss the following questions. These questions will help you reflect on and apply what you learned tonight to your life.
- What stuck out to you most from the Confirmation session? Why?
- What are the big questions you have? What are you seeking? What are you looking for?
- We were created to be in relationship with God and with others. How do you live out your relationship with Him?
- What role does God play in your life?
STUFF TO DO
Our faith shouldn't just stay in our heads and hearts, but it should also significantly affect the way we live our lives. Here are some suggestions for how you could live out tonight's topic. We encourage you to pick at least one suggestion and commit to implementing it in your life. We also encourage parents and/or sponsors to make a commitment with their confirmandi.
- Commit to learning your faith. What is one thing you can do every week to prepare for Confirmation and deeper your knowledge of your faith? Maybe it is listen to a podcast every week. Maybe it is going to the adoration chapel once a week for 20 minutes. Or watch a YouTube video every week. What is one thing you and your sponsor can commit to do together weekly?
- Journal. Begin a journal of your Confirmation journey. Use it as a way to pray and write to Jesus about your day, your friends, your struggles and your success. Invite Him into your everyday life and share that with Him.
- Be part of the community. You are affirming your membership as part of the Catholic community, and part of the St. Thomas community. What is one thing you can do to be part of the community? Come to a YM event or find a ministry to volunteer with.
- Pray with Carpe Verbum. Knowing that you were created to be in relationship with the Lord, the best way to deepen your relationship with Him is to pray... every single day. We know that can be a challenge, and so we encourage you to try out this free, daily, step-by-step prayer resource called Carpe Verbum ("seize the word"). Carpe Verbum texts a new prayer and lock screen graphic to your phone every morning. See details below...