STUFF TO KNOW
This is the head-knowledge we should have for tonight's topic. These questions are based on Diocese of Rockford Confirmation guidelines, and you'll probably recognize them from the Confirmation Quizzes we do during some of our Confirmation sessions.
- What is virtue?
- What is prayer?
- What is a saint?
- What is evangelization?
STUFF TO watch
Here's a video that takes a different angle on tonight's topic. Feel free to check it out, if you're interested.
STUFF TO TALK ABOUT
Our faith shouldn't just stay in our heads, but we should also let this knowledge sink into our hearts. After the Confirmation session is over, we encourage confirmandi and their parents and/or sponsor to discuss the following questions. These questions will help you reflect on and apply what you learned tonight to your life.
- What stuck out to you most from the Confirmation session? Why?
- Do you feel like you can share the faith? Why or why not? What would make you want to share your faith?
- We were created to be in relationship with God and with others. How do you live out your relationship with Him?
STUFF TO DO
Our faith shouldn't just stay in our heads and hearts, but it should also significantly affect the way we live our lives. Here are some suggestions for how you could live out tonight's topic. We encourage you to pick at least one suggestion and commit to implementing it in your life. We also encourage parents and/or sponsors to make a commitment with their confirmandi.
- Make a routine. What is one thing you can do every week to prepare for Confirmation? Maybe it is listen to a podcast every week. Maybe it is going to the adoration chapel once a week for 20 minutes. Or watch a YouTube video every week. What is one thing you and your sponsor can commit to do together weekly?
- Journal. Begin a journal of your Confirmation journey. Use it as a way to pray and write to Jesus about your day, your friends, your struggles and your success. Invite Him into your everyday life and share that with Him.
- Pray with Carpe Verbum. Knowing that you were created to be in relationship with the Lord, the best way to deepen your relationship with Him is to pray... every single day. We know that can be a challenge, and so we encourage you to try out this free, daily, step-by-step prayer resource called Carpe Verbum ("seize the word"). Carpe Verbum texts a new prayer and lock screen graphic to your phone every morning. See details below...