STUFF TO KNOW
This is the head-knowledge we should have for tonight's topic. These questions are based on Diocese of Rockford Confirmation guidelines, and you'll probably recognize them from the Confirmation Quizzes we do during some of our Confirmation sessions.
- Explain what a sacrament is.
- List the seven sacraments.
- Explain what “grace” is.
- Explain what Baptism is, and what it does for us.
- What is the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
- What sacrament completes our Baptism?
STUFF TO TALK ABOUT
Our faith shouldn't just stay in our heads, but we should also let this knowledge sink into our hearts. After the Confirmation session is over, we encourage confirmandi and their parents and/or sponsor to discuss the following questions. These questions will help you reflect on and apply what you learned tonight to your life.
- What stuck out to you most from the Confirmation session? Why?
- Why are the sacraments important?
- How often should we receive the sacraments?
STUFF TO DO
Our faith shouldn't just stay in our heads and hearts, but it should also significantly affect the way we live our lives. Here are some suggestions for how you could live out tonight's topic. We encourage you to pick at least one suggestion and commit to implementing it in your life. We also encourage parents and/or sponsors to make a commitment with their confirmandi.
- Go to Confession! Confession is a beautiful sacrament we can receive regularly. Go to Confession before the end of Lent to receive the forgiveness and love God wants to give you. Find confession times here.
- Attend the Tridiuum. Our Church has beautiful traditions during Holy Week. Make a point to go on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. Find the times here.
- Pray with Carpe Verbum. Even though we have an adoration chapel, it might not be possible to go every day or weekly. But, we still need to listen to the Lord. We should be praying with the Scriptures every day. We know that can be a challenge, and so we encourage you to try out this free, daily, step-by-step prayer resource called Carpe Verbum ("seize the word"). Carpe Verbum texts a new prayer and lock screen graphic to your phone every morning. See details below...