THREE PHILOSOPHIES OF LIFE by PETER KREEFT
- Thursday, July 19th - Part 1
- Thursday, July 26th - Part 2
- Thursday, August 2 - Part 3
- Community Center, 451 W. Terra Cotta Ave., Crystal Lake, IL
- 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Book is available at the Little Way Bookstore, 50 Brink St.
In Three Philosophies of Life., Keeft reflects that there are ultimately only three philosophies of life and each one is represented by one of these books of the Bible-life is vanity; life is suffering; life is love. In these three books Kreeft shows how we have Dante's great epic The Divine Comedy played out, from Hell to Purgatory to Heaven. But it is an epic played out in our hearts and lives, here and now. Just as there is movement in Dante's epic, so there is movement in these books, from Ecclesiates to Job, from Job to Song of Songs. Love is the final answer to Ecclesiastes' quest, the alternative to vanity, and the true meaning of life.. Come hear Fr. Koutnik discuss these three philosophies.