Mobile Food Truck at St. Thomas
- The next food truck will be June 22, 2017
- Gable Point Senior Living and the Villager Apartments
- 9:30 am - 12:30 pm or until truck is empty
- Volunteers will meet the truck at the above locations, starting with Gable Point and then traveling to the Villager Apartments. See below for more details
- We need at least 25 volunteers for both sites - it would be best if you could just work both locations
- Minors (17 yrs. old and younger) must be accompanied by adults
Volunteers should arrive at Gable Point at 9:30 am. The NIFB truck should arrive shortly thereafter. The volunteers should meet in the Common Room. They can move furniture and set up tables while they wait for the truck. There are more tables on the truck, if needed.
When the truck arrives, volunteers help unload and set up the food.
Some of the volunteers will help residents shop, others will keep the tables supplied and help with selection.
Once a resident is finished shopping, the volunteer and resident go to the resident's apartment (children 17 yrs. old and younger should be accompanied by their parent). The volunteer(s) can help unload the food and put it on counters and the kitchen table. The resident is responsible for putting the food away. The volunteer takes the cart back to the common room and helps another resident.
When all the residents have been served, the volunteers pack everything up, put it on the truck and go to the Villager apartments.
The process is the same here, with one exception. If the weather is nice, the distribution will be outside. If the weather isn't nice, the distribution will be in the Common Room. (Their common room is pretty small, so we always try to be outside.) After all the residents have been served, the volunteers load any leftover food into the CL pantry truck to be taken to our pantry. There will be very little, if any, left.